Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Friday, June 17, 2016

Back on Long Island

I'm back on Long Island and enjoying myself immensely. My flight was ridiculously delayed last night coming in from Nashville. I was not very pleased, especially because I hate flying into LaGuardia. My dad is a saint and still came to pick me up even though it was after midnight.

This morning my mama and I hit up Pure Barre Huntington. The class wasn't particularly difficult but my thighs were smarting from the Hotlanta Half and way too much time sitting in airports and on airplanes.

After class, we ran errands and I got a toasted, scooped egg bagel with tuna fish from Bagel Boss. I don't eat bagels very often, but when I do, I want a real Long Island bagel. I also got a large iced black coffee and it was delicious.

Fast forward a few hours and a work call later, and I was off to get my nails did. Someone put a padlock on the gate that connects my parents' cul-de-sac to the local middle school parking lot. Apparently it's to keep parents from driving up our street to drop off their kids. Since I was walking to the nail salon and it's right near the middle school, that put a major crimp in my style, but no worries, because I just hopped the fence. Thanks CrossFit.

French manicures are required whenever I'm back in the 516.

Speaking of CrossFit, today is my 3rd anniversary. I feel like a putz for not going on my anniversary (two years in a row) but I'll make up for it when I get home.

My parents and I had a delicious dinner at the Brass Rail in Locust Valley. The lobster bisque is fantastic and I tried monkfish for the first time. I really love monkfish liver, but this is the first time I've had the meat of the fish. Very tasty. I also had a martini that hit me harder than expected. That made completing a vendor application for the state of Tennessee super fun. The key lime pie tasted more like cheesecake. It wasn't bad but it was no Publix.

I'll be terrorizing my mom all week so get excited for some posts about Pure Barre and yelling at people in grocery stores. (For real, it's already happened once since I've been here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...