Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

CrossFit Open 17.2

Dave Castro's making sure we get the most bang for our buck out of those dumbbells. Fuck my life, do I resent dumbbells. I miss my bar. I miss it's weights. Praise the CrossFit gods that we can get a barbell at any weight in 17.3.

So after a work week in Austin that included a fantastic bout of food poisoning, I was finally home in Atlanta. I was so excited for Friday Night Lights and the day couldn't go by fast enough. I made it over to CrossFit Identity around 5:30 PM. Man have I missed that place.

All photos in this post are by my talented friend Elena Pesavento of Spot-on Photo. You can follow her on Instagram at @spotonphotoatlanta and Facebook. She also has started an awesome Women of CrossFit page on Facebook and at @womenofcrossfitatl.

This is our community.

Workout 17.2
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 12 minutes of:
2 rounds of:
  50-ft. weighted walking lunge
  16 toes-to-bars
  8 power cleans
Then, 2 rounds of:
  50-ft. weighted walking lunge
  16 bar muscle-ups
  8 power cleans
Etc., alternating between toes-to-bars and bar muscle-ups every 2 rounds.

Women use 35-lb. dumbbells. Men use 50-lbs. dumbbells.

Thirty-five lbs dumbbells are heavy fuckers. The lunges were the worst part of this workout if you don't have muscle-ups. I definitely didn't feel too hot right out the gate.


Kayte judged me and then I judged her. She beat me by 4 seconds. I felt so heavy during those TTB. It was the first time I did TTB since I hurt my back in December so that's one accomplishment.


This was the moment I realized Elena was photographing me. I quickly put a smile on my face but she didn't capture that. Round two of the lunge sucked.


I got a little nervous for my back and wished I had worn my belt. I just kept moving as Kayte kept hollering at me.


I made it through the third set of lunges and then stood underneath the bar contemplating a muscle-up. I struggled enough with the toes to bar to know that it wasn't going to be my magical muscle-up day but I got some pretty nice looking pull-ups. We called time at 7:15.

I took this crappy photo with my iPhone.

 And then we spent the remaining 4 minutes and 45 seconds cheering Blaine on through his muscle-ups.


I said I was going to re-do 17.2, but ultimately I decided to stick to my one and done Open plan this year. Could I have gone faster on the TTB and beaten Kayte? Probably, but I saw the regularly scheduled Monday WOD of hang power cleans, wallballs, and doubleunders and decided to do it instead. In keeping with my 2017 goals, I said no to shit that I didn't want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...