Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Tex Mex Breakfast

When I was in Houston I had this most delicious breakfast from My Fit Foods, and I knew that I could recreate it at home. I prep white rice in my rice cooker and cook up a pound of ground turkey using Flavor God Spicy Everything seasoning. When I'm ready to eat this delicious meal, I heat up the rice and turkey in the microwave while I scramble an egg (or two). I layer the eggs on top of the turkey, sprinkle some Mexican blend cheese, and top it with 2 tablespoons of salsa. IT IS SO EFFING DELICIOUS. And it's filling, without being excessive.


Breakfast Portion
1/2 cup white rice
3 oz cooked ground turkey
1 extra large egg
1/2 oz Mexican blend cheese
2 tablespoons salsa
CAL: 418, P: 35g C: 25g F: 18g


Dinner Portion
1/2 cup white rice
5 oz cooked ground turkey
2 extra large eggs
1/2 oz Mexican blend cheese
2 tablespoons salsa
CAL: 613, P: 58g C: 25g F: 29g

Some tricks of the trade: Measure in grams whenever possible, otherwise use ounces. A half cup of white rice is approximately 100 g. This is a bajillion times easier to track using a food scale instead of a measuring cup. I track cooked ground turkey because it's annoying to cook ground meat in bulk and track raw measurements. An ounce of shredded cheese is 28 g so I weigh out 14 g for this dish. Two tablespoons of salsa is 30 g. I avoid using measuring cups and measuring spoons whenever possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...