Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, March 21, 2016

CrossFit Open 16.4



If you're wondering what happened to 16.3 - I completed my 10 snatches at 55# and took my Rx score. 2017 will be my year for bar muscle ups.

Workout 16.4
13-min. AMRAP:
55 deadlifts
55 wall-ball shots
55-calorie row
55 handstand push-ups

M 225 lb. / 20-lb. ball
F  155 lb. / 14-lb. ball

I didn't watch the 16.4 announcement because I was drinking margaritas in celebration of St. Patrick's Day. (I don't care what day it is - every celebration should have margaritas.) I did check the workout and decided that I shouldn't stay out past 1 AM. Dare I say that I may actually be adulting?

So Tuesday's WOD was 17 minutes to run a mile followed by an ascending later of body weight deadlifts and burpee box jumps (2,4,6,8...) My mile took 7:04 minutes and I was able to get through the set of 10s plus 3 deadlifts using 145#. This told me that I was going to at least complete the deadlifts in 16.4 because I didn't need to sprint a mile before picking up the barbell. I was most worried about the wallballs because those are not my strength. Women and men all practice with a 10 ft target at CrossFit Identity, but the Open requires women to only hit a 9 ft target, which feels glorious. I didn't receive a single no rep during the 55 wallballs. I did sets of 10, 10, 10, 15, 10. I like to break them up before I start getting sloppy and discouraged. I was happy that I got to the row and I heard from my CFID family's cheers that I was doing well. At that point I was feeling good and knew that I could just churn it out. My coach Eric showed me that you can take the cap off the side of a C2 rower and watch the flywheel nob rotate. It's very relaxing. I finished the row at 11:29 (my official tiebreak score) and had 91 seconds to attempt handstand push-ups. You might remember that I briefly had handstand push-ups before last year's open but I failed to get a single rep during 15.3 and I haven't gotten one since. I wasn't able to lock out during 16.4 but I have a feeling those HSPUs will return shortly.

Overall, I am happy with my score of 165 (11:29 tiebreak.) Could I have gotten a HSPU? Maybe if I had practiced beforehand. I went into the workout with no expectations and only the desire to work hard and consistently for the 13 minutes. Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...