Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

March 2016 Goals


This month was humbling. I wanted to be someone who could accomplish a ton of things and be a ladyboss, but it became apparent that I had too many things on my plate. The quality of my work at my real job suffered. I was constantly tired. I even got so stressed out, I yelled at my dogs. I don't want to be a person who yells at her dogs. Even when one of them refuses to potty outside and the other refuses to stay outside long enough for the first one to consider going potty. I accidentally tazed myself this morning. I was so tired and it was 4 AM and instead of pressing the button that locks Frank's retracting leash, I pressed the button on my taser and I tazed the shit out of my hand. I was so tired that it took me a few moments to even realize where the pain was coming from. It was in that exact moment that I knew I had made the right decision. My first priority is sleeping enough to succeed at my job and to be a good dog momma.

I withdrew from my GMAT class because it became painfully obvious that I am significantly behind in the math content. Once I have become proficient enough in the work that pays my salary, I am going to get myself a math tutor. Veritas Prep told me I can re-enroll without penalty whenever I'm ready. I have also put in my notice at Pure Barre and will only work a few shifts this April. The 4 AM wake up on Wednesday and Thursday was killing me, especially since I produce my best work between 6 and 10 AM. By the time I got home, I couldn't concentrate and frequently needed a nap. I was also late for my shrink every Thursday. I am disappointed that I didn't get to enjoy a free membership. It seemed like I was asked to cover a shift every time I signed up for class - like legit, Hey we see you're signed up to take the 4:45 PM. Can you show up at 4 and leave at 8? I'm a hard worker and I understand that helping to pick up weights is a small sacrifice to make for free class, but I didn't want to get pulled in to cover the desk every time I went near the studio. I have a relatively flexible work schedule that allows me to exercise during a typical work day but that's only because I make up that hour before 9 AM or after 6 PM. It doesn't mean that I'm free to work 4 hours in the middle of the day or that I can drop everything to handle an apparel shipment at 11 AM. If it sounds like I'm pissed, it's because I am. I'm a big fan of the studio and the owners and everyone who works there, but working there isn't the right thing for me anymore. I'm going to buy myself a class pack and go back to being a client.

Life and Wellness goals: FAILED. I didn't sleep enough and I certainly didn't live in the moment because I was miserable and panicking on a regular basis. I got so stressed out that I tried to find things to give up that weren't GMAT or Pure Barre so I told Jenna I needed a break from nutrition coaching. Even thinking about my macros changing made me freak out. The good news is that I'm back on track and have a carb cycling and workout plan set for the month of April.


I'm looking pretty lean but I'm still working on losing more body fat.

Pure Barre goal: I hit my goal of ten classes. There was a March Madness Challenge for 20 classes in 31 days, but once I got bumped out of class because I work there, I decided "winning" a challenge as an employee didn't mean that much to me. My Pure Barre attendance is going to drop significantly once I stop going to class for free. I think a weekly Pure Barre class should be enough to help balance out CrossFit moving forward.

CrossFit goal: 34/200 WODs. I went to CrossFit 12 times this month and I went to a ROMWOD session. I didn't count the ROMWOD towards my class count but that ish is not easy. Holding pigeon pose  for 4 minutes sucks balls. I saw a lot of improvement in CrossFit in March. I PR'd my overhead squat by 20# with a 105# for one. I took 5 minutes and 39 seconds off my 14.5/16.5 score. I did a WOD with 105# power cleans and front squats and finished in 8:37. 105# used to be really heavy for me and I dominated that workout. I think my improved nutrition is definitely the reason for my improvements because I sure as hell didn't get much sleep.

Mileage: I ran 5.5 miles outside of CrossFit WODs. The boyfriend bought me a spectacular present - a Garmin Forerunner 630. I absolutely love it! The GPS works instantly and it syncs with my phone. No more stupid cords! Unfortunately the Pact app doesn't accept Garmin steps towards the Pact so I still have to wear Fitbit for runs. I ended up buying a new Fibit Flex (thanks Mom!) but I was allergic to that one too, but then I had a light bulb moment - maybe the Fitbit brand changed the materials used in their bands. I found a Target brand band in one of my drawers and haven't had an issue since. Since I had an extra Fitbit, I gave it to the boyfriend. He seems to enjoy it and is not allergic to the regular band.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...