Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Guess Who Was in Our Box Today?

I'm at the 9:30 AM class this morning because I'm already on Zonolite for an 8 AM appointment and Brandon is coaching and he's my favorite coach. We've done the warm-up and we're going over the WOD - three attempts at a chipper. You get three minutes, then 5 minutes, then 7 minutes to complete a 500m row or 400m run, 10 burpee box or bench overs, 15 box jumps, 20 wallballs, 25 push-ups, and 30 sit-ups. There's one minute of rest between each attempt. Brandon explains what we need to do and then asks if we have any questions. I raise my hand, nod towards the back of the gym, and ask, "Is that who I think it is?"

Doug Larson of Barbell Shrugged was in our box! I have watched hours of TechniqueWOD. I think about him every time I row (because of TechniqueWOD, not because of my huge crush on him.) It pains me that he's not on the new podcast episodes. I recently started rewatching the old episodes because I missed his voice.

So today, I mustered up my courage, went back to the lifting platforms and told Doug Larson I have had a crush on him for three years. I'm sure I freaked him out a little since I basically stalked him across the gym, but he gave me a hug anyway and agreed to take a picture with me. Brandon joined in too.

photo cred: Anna Marie
The workout was fun but challenging. I made it through 4 box jumps in 3 minutes, 20 wallballs in 5 minutes, and 4 sit-ups in 7 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...