Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

November 2016 Goals



Pure Barre Goal: I went once. Woohoo! That 52 classes for the year. I'm getting close to being part of the 100 Club.

CrossFit Goal: 146/200 WODs. I went to class 15 times and I did a CrossFit competition that had 3 WODs throughout the morning. I'll post about the competition as soon as the event photos are posted online.




I dropped a 65# barbell on my face during a simple push press. Still not sure how it was physically possible.

Mileage: I ran 3.3 miles this month making my total for the year thus far 143.2 miles.

Georgia - where you can run in a sports bra and shorts in November. There's also fires in North Georgia and Atlanta fills with smoke when the wind is right. It rained for the first time in 43 days yesterday. Moments ago we had a tornado warning. 

Life and Wellness Goals: I feel like my life is completely different this month than it was in October. I didn't travel at all. It's like I forgot what the airport looks like. It was good to be home for a solid amount of time.

My boyfriend and I broke up in July, but it always kind of seemed like a blurred lines situation. We still hung out. Sometimes we went on dates. Some days we refused to speak to one another. Our neighbors assumed we were still together. We made an effort in October to see if we could make it work, and we couldn't. He's a great guy, but not the right guy for me. So like any other 30 year old with a smartphone, I got back to swiping right. I met someone I really like, but it's still new. We've been on a few dates. He travels for work even more than I do, so it's been interesting to see the other side of that dynamic. If you've been a long-time reader, you know that when I meet someone, we really hit it off, we spend every single possible moment together, one of us freaks out and disappears. Then he sends me weird text messages on and off for the next 6 years and I always remember to call him on his birthday. (I'm truly a gem.) So if anything, dating someone who is away a lot may actually teach me how to date. And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

My job is going well but I'm still trying to hire a part-time coordinator - mostly because I don't have time to interview them.

And as if I needed anything else on my plate, Daisy Mae herniated a disc in her back and had to have emergency surgery on Thanksgiving. She is on crate rest and I'm trying not to have a nervous breakdown.


I've been really stressed out and when I'm stressed, I don't eat. There's been whole days where the only things I consume are powders from GNC mixed with water. It's not good and it's not helping my body composition. I'm committing myself to eating actual food in December, even if I'm not hungry. My sleep is crap too, and I've become pretty good friends with Ambien. I did get up for CrossFit at 6:30 AM this morning. You know, finish the month on a high note.

When people ask how I'm handling the stress, sometimes I tell them I'm hiding from my dogs behind my kitchen island and drinking wine. For some reason they think I'm joking.

I just want to sleep 8 hours a night, drink a lot of water, find time to study for the GMAT that I skipped last month, and work out twice a day. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...