Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, October 31, 2016

October 2016 Goals




Pure Barre Goal: Zero, but I went to something called [solidcore]. It is really hard but a lot of fun.



CrossFit Goal: 128/200 WODs. I went to CrossFit Identity for 13 WODs this month. I didn't drop in during my travels to save some money and to make myself go running instead.



Mileage: I ran 38 miles, including the Marine Corps Marathon. MCM 41 is my fastest marathon to date. I swore I would never run another one as I crossed the finish line, but then I found myself googling best Boston Qualifier courses in Georgia a few hours later.


Life and Wellness Goals: It's taken me forever to finish writing this post so it's backdated. I ran the marathon on October 30, flew home October 31, and I felt like my life was entirely different by November 1. My number one goal this month was to PR the marathon, which I did. I don't run consistently anymore but I know I am in much better shape than I was when I did. I don't think there's anything wrong with running if you're willing to put time into cross-training. Unfortunately, I don't have the motivation to do that kind of stuff on my own.

October was kind of a weird month. I had a lot of travel. I went to Athens for the Georgia/Tennessee game. It was devastating and I lost my portable cellphone charger. I've been sad ever since. I drove to Tennessee for a conference. Murfreesboro is pretty sweet. I went to Albany for another conference and then met my parents at the airport on my way home. It was great to have them in town. We took Frank and Daisy Mae to the Howl-o-ween dog parade. Frank should have totally won the costume contest and we feel that he was slighted.

My favorite people from the best dorm I've ever lived in.



I didn't sleep enough in October and I ended up pretty sick. I lost my voice for several days. I also learned that Dayquil makes the best pre-workout.

Two very special things happened in October. My friend Mike had his birthday (!!) and he invited me to celebrate his first PRIDE in Atlanta with him. That meant so much to me. That was also the weekend I lost my voice and I started placing drink orders by typing out everything I wanted in an empty text message and then handing my phone and card to the bartenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...