Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

CrossFit Dix Hills with Coach Chad








When I was in New York a week ago, I had the awesome opportunity to drop in at CrossFit Dix Hills. Coach Chad, formerly of CrossFit Central LI, and one of my absolute favorite coaches ever - CrossFit or otherwise, is head coach there. CrossFit Dix Hills opened earlier this year.

Their 3,200 sq. ft. facility is conveniently located on Jericho Turnpike in Dix Hills, NY. As convenient as that is for a Long Islander commuting home from work, it is not convenient for someone who is visiting her parents' in Oyster Bay. The trip was entirely worth it.



Just look at this programming and tell me it wasn't written for me.


The facility is beautiful. The purple wall that you see above is actually new and specially soundproofed to keep complaining neighbors happy. (Not sure if it's staying purple.) The barbells are all new, as are the plates. I'll be honest, I may have spent some time just lovingly petting the barbells. They were perfectly black and uniform. And all of the plates were from the same line so that they stacked perfectly. This is an OCD athlete's wet dream. They also have this special Primo Chalk that is naturally antibacterial and skin conditioning. It smells like angel wings and feels like ground up unicorn horn. Basically I just wanted to roll around in it and stare at the equipment.

I used 173# for part A and 123# for part B. I made it through 8 rounds plus 5 reps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...