Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, July 20, 2015

And Life Goes On

I'm surviving being single. Sometimes I cry, sometimes I get angry, but mostly I enjoy not pretending to be happy. I watched seventeen episodes of Twin Peaks over the weekend and I'm okay with that. I'm also remembering the pros and cons of being me before I spent all of my time at home texting my boyfriend. I went to grill out at CrossFit on Friday afternoon and after drinking my way through most of the beers, I headed out for too many margaritas. Definitely woke up on my floor Saturday morning with Frank peering down at me from my bed. I believe my rationale was that my bed was nicely made and I was only going to ruin it. Can't argue with that.


I've been going to Pure Barre pretty regularly and I think I've gotten better at it. I didn't realize how strong my abs are until I was able to do a lot of the holds and tucks. I struggling with the planks because my feet keep slipping on the carpet with those not-so-sticky socks. I must be doing planks wrong (it wouldn't surprise me) since most other people there don't have this problem.



I went to a Breaking Down the Barre class that helps you to learn what you're doing wrong in regular class. It's 75 minutes and you can ask questions throughout. This is kind of like foundations/essentials/on-ramp for CrossFit. Call me crazy but I think it would help to have this class as a requirement before starting regular class (like it is in CrossFit), but it's helpful regardless. Good news is that there is a modification for everything at Pure Barre. 

My sister's birthday was earlier this week. I sent her a pair of Pure Barre socks and some custom-made Pure Barre stickers for her day planner from Faye Creates, my favorite Etsy shop.


Faye also made me a custom order of all blue computers so I am motivated to post to my blog more often. If you like any of the content in the near future, thank Faye by buying some amazing day planner stickers. She has items for Day Designer, Simplified Planner, Eric Condren planners.


I've become addicted to chiropractic and joined The Joint. For a monthly membership, you get four adjustments a month that can be used at any The Joint with no appointments necessary. Dr. Patrick Greco owns The Joint in Midtown where I usually go. He has this sign outside of his regular practice and it made me chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...