Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Jacinto Storm

Jacinto with his CrossFit Hell's Kitchen ladies
Prevention posted this beautiful video about my friend Jacinto Bonilla. Jacinto is such a badass. He's a CrossFit Games competitor, a CrossFit coach, and now he's opening his own box.


The video references Jacinto's birthday WOD - the Jacinto Storm. I had the honor and pleasure of completing the workout with Jacinto for his 75th birthday in 2014, and dude, let me tell you, that shit is no joke.

Jacinto Storm
For Time:
75 Double Unders
75 Squats
75 Push-Ups
75 Pull-ups
75 Wall Ball Shots, 20/14
75 Kettlebell Swings 24kg/16kg
75 Deadlifts 95/65
75 Double Unders

Jacinto is born July 3rd and July in NYC is a wet, smelly wasteland. This was before CFHK got air conditioning. I was so proud of myself for completing all 75 wall balls because they are totally my goat. I learned from watching the above video that we skipped the run at Hell's Kitchen. Oops.

It truly was such a special experience and I am really happy that I was up in NY and able to attend that class.

So if you're thinking you're too old or have health problems that won't allow you to CrossFit, perhaps you should reconsider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...