Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Establishing New Schedules

Three weeks ago I started my new job at a non-profit and I finally have normal work hours. This has completely screwed up the schedule I've had for the past three years (for the better), and now I'm trying to figure out how to schedule my workouts. This morning I got up at 5 (okay 5:10 after my Ritalin kicked in) and met T over at 72nd & 5th. I ran the mile over there. We did the five mile loop and the two mile loop together. It was fun to catch up, and I felt much safer with another person. The sunrise was beautiful. I kind of wish I had stopped to take a picture of it. I had finished a 9 mile run by 7:08 AM. (I ended up doing closer to ten because I ended up running back to my apartment after I turned my GPS off.)

I don't normally wash my hair in the morning, but I have to after I run. I get disgusting no matter how cool it is outside. You're not supposed to show up to an office with wet hair, but I have a way of getting around this - this is where it pays off to have heavily layered hair. After I shower, I dry the top layers.


Then I clip the rest of the wet under layers on top of my head. Sometime around noon I take the clip out and all that wet hair has turned into dry waves. Don't hate me because my hair is beautiful.

I think green goes well with leopard print.
I like to match my underwear to my outfit.
My eating has been horrible for a while and I am trying to get back to a more structured diet. By diet, I mean way of life, not some kind of temporary solution or sketchy quick-fix.

Last night I put ice, cold coffee, protein powder, sugar-free chocolate syrup, two spoons of Better'n Peanut Butter, and So Delicious Coconut Milk into my blender. I had this caffeinated mocha treat for breakfast and it was quite tasty. Disclaimer - I put a lot of coffee into this bad boy.
The Great Cow Harbor 10K gave out free Pure Protein bars post-race.
It was disgusting as expected, but for some reason I kept nibbling at it.

I'm trying to eat more vegetables. Does a head of iceberg lettuce count?

I am going to try to workout in the morning 2-3 times a week. I definitely want to get a run in, and then the other workout(s) could be running or spinning. Spinning is offered daily at 6:30 AM and I should just get in the habit of going on Monday mornings.

I also need to plan out my meals and figure out what I need to bring to work. I haven't been grocery shopping in almost three weeks. I do have a freezer full of leftovers. I do not cook.
I came home one day and found that my mom and aunt had stocked my freezer.
Not complaining.


This is entirely disgusting but I thought I'd share. The callous on the ball of my foot just fell off last night. I knew someone would appreciate it, so I took this gross picture.

2 comments:

  1. Good, easy breakfast to set yourself up for the day:

    Scoop a couple of spoons of pro-biotic yoghurt into a cereal bowl
    Add a small handful of branflakes
    Add a v.small handful of crunchy-nut cornflakes (just a little for flavour as they have a lot of sugar in large quantities)
    Handful of seed/berry mix
    handful of raisins.

    Mix thoroughly and enjoy.

    Works particularly well as almost everything can be bought cheaply in bulk and doesn't go off quickly when stored. Only exception is the yoghurt, which you need to buy semi-regularly but is seriously cheap over here.

    Also works well as an at work snack if you have a fridge for the yoghurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's genius Biggles. I don't know why I never mix cereal in my yogurt. Lately I've been making oatmeal, putting banana slices and mixed berries on top, throwing in some ground flax seed, and then adding a scoop of Greek yogurt. I mix it all together and it is delicious.

    Fortunately I do have a fridge at my new office and I will be trying your suggestion after I go grocery shopping this weekend (hopefully.)

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...