Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Just Salad

I'm not going to lose any weight at this rate, but it's sooo good.
My boss's boss (does that make her my grandboss?) told me about this life-changing chain JustSalad and now I get my lunch from there practically everyday. JustSalad is technically a misnomer because they do serve wraps, but why bother when there are so many salad's to choose from (and you get a free piece of bread thrown in)?

You can create a custom salad like I did today, or you can choose a salad from their extensive menu. Yesterday I ordered the Fall Slimdown and added chicken. But then I was reminded that I have a loyalty card and could choose two more toppings for free. I let the salad guy choose for me and he added butternut squash (great choice) and beets. Umm, I wish that I had known that I don't like beets before I had him chop them all up in my salad. I spent the afternoon trying to distinguish between beets and dried cranberries. Oops.

FALL SLIMDOWN 345 Cal*  
Kale-Iceberg Lettuce Mix, Dried Cranberries,
Walnuts, White Mushrooms, Sliced Radishes,
Reduced-Fat Cheddar
Suggested Dressing: Cranberry-Maple Splash 90 Ca

Today I made a delicious salad creation with mesclun greens, almond slices, garbanzo beans, celery, cucumbers, wheatberries, pesto chicken, edamame, and balsamic vinegar. It was 676.8 calories including the piece of bread that came with. Oh, how do I know the exact nutritional information? Because there is a calculator on the website! Check out my meal here.

I had no idea what a wheatberry was until I looked it up the other day. A wheatberry is the entire wheat kernel including bran, germ, and endosperm. Who knew? They're tasty so you should get them when you go. Make sure you buy a reusable bowl and a get a loyalty card to get discounts and extra toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...