Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Fat Leg Strikes Again!

One of the reasons I love coming home on my days off is spending time with my mom. (I also like having my laundry done, being fed, and spending quality time with my cats. Why don't I live at home still?) My mom took me shoe shopping. Shopping with other people's money is also a plus.

Mr. Mink!
I have been meaning to get a pair of black tall boots for months, and we figured there would be good sales. We were correct, except almost all the boots I liked were sold out in my size. The other pairs (actually all of them could have been since I couldn't try on the small sized ones) wouldn't fit my calves. Does anyone else have this problem?

This is almost laughable.

WTF?!

Every time I'd stick my foot in the boot, I couldn't zip them up. I'd then yell, "The fat leg strikes again!" My mother finds this hysterical, but then she would still wonder how overweight people find boots. She even accused me of having cankles. For the record, I do not have cankles. I have slender ankles and nicely developed calves.


While waiting in line to purchase two pairs of ballet flats, my mother pointed out this woman and her tiny-legged boots. I have no words.

2 comments:

  1. i have that problem too! and not only with boots- but now with running tights. i think i have reasonable ankles, appropriate for my body (and keep me running and ellipticaling, so thank you ankles.) but the running tights from nike won't zip over my ankles.. hello, why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh that sucks! And I heard such good things about those zipper Nike running tights. Do they have any stretch? Is there another size? You should call Nike. I've had great customer service with them.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...