Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Crescent Kicks and Camel Toe

I'm not even going to lie and pretend that I've been making it to the gym lately (I do have a few posts from last month that I will eventually publish, I promise). Today, in celebration of my new job offer and because I fucking felt like it, I went for a lunch time workout at 50th and Broadway.

Powerstrike is offered at 1:15 p.m. on Tuesdays and Omar Sandoval is the instructor. I love Omar. I love Omar's tight pants. And I absolutely loved that Omar remembered me and told me it was good to know that I was alive. I don't think I've seen him since March of 2011. Oops.

source
The Powerstrike website says, "When you hear OMAR, students know they are going to get a workout. "The Titan" holds all five Powerstrike certifications is a Senior Instructor/Trainer for Powerstrike and has represented the company at ECA and Nike conventions, along with starring in all the recent DVDs. Omar's unique energy, Latin sense of rhythm and flamboyant personality contrast dynamically with his large, often intimidating, figure to create a dynamic class environment unlike any. As Omar says, 'Simple. Easy.'"

So I've been to Powerstrike before and it was never easy. Today I was pretty much able to follow the choreography. Probably because I had no muscle memory and was actually paying attention. Powerstrike kickboxing mixes martial arts and aerobics (so basically it's just better cardio kickboxing, with the exception of Yves' classes because those are pure magic!) so you're getting toned and sweating your ass off. I didn't really sweat that much today, but I think it's because my body is doing weird things and not because the workout wasn't hard. (Or maybe I didn't take enough Ritalin today? I hate when I forget if I've taken it or not.)

I have these grey Nike spandex shorts that are no joke ten years old. Bought them when I was 15 at Choate running cross country, so they are actually closer to eleven years old. Super comfortable, but today they kept riding up with every crescent kick. Hello camel toe. If anyone wants to buy me (or even recommend) spandex shorts, I'm always open to presents (and suggestions.)

I promise to actually start blogging again. Lately I've been in a super funk. It's not related to being dumped or even worried about not having a job. I definitely blame my inability to get out of bed on this stupid Depo Provera shot I got on May 31. My doctor said it might be the cause, but now I have to get my thyroid checked on Thursday to make sure that I am not a lethargic mess because my thyroid is out of whack.

And for everyone who was worried that I'd be homeless and unemployed, I was offered the job I desperately wanted yesterday. And by desperately, I mean I would have given my future unborn children and my left foot. Booyah - guess who's a manager now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...