Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

15.4

It became brutally apparent this past weekend that handstand push-ups with two ab mats are not the same as handstand push-ups from a level surface. Three attempts later, I had yet to clear that motherpuppin tape line and had a big fat score of zero. I completed one push-press to submit a scaled score before the submission window closed. Now I know what I need to work on.

Workout 15.4
8-minute AMRAP:
3 handstand push-ups
3 cleans
6 handstand push-ups
3 cleans
9 handstand push-ups
3 cleans
12 handstand push-ups
6 cleans
15 handstand push-ups
6 cleans
18 handstand push-ups
6 cleans
21 handstand push-ups
9 cleans
Etc., following same pattern
M 185 lb.  F 125 lb.

I might have bombed 15.4, but I had the pleasure of judging two people who absolutely rocked it. My friend Jenna is nasty at handstand push-ups, but was nervous about the heavy clean. She PR'd her clean by 15# and surpassed her goal of 20 reps. So proud of her!

Ryan, the boyfriend, was in town this weekend and I ordered gently encouraged he give the workout a try. Forty-nine reps later... We need to get that man to join a box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...