Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

15.2

I've improved a lot at CrossFit over the past year but the Open has a way of really highlighting one's weaknesses. I have been really proud of myself because I can now do anywhere from one to five unbroken pull-ups depending on the day. I was pleased enough with my performance that I didn't see a need to push myself to get chest to bar pull-ups until I had a sinking suspicion that I'd see them last Thursday in the Open workout.

I was right because 15.2 was the same as 14.2. Womp womp.

Workout 15.2
  2 rounds of: 
  10 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
  10 chest-to-bar pull-ups
  2 rounds of:
  12 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
  12 chest-to-bar pull-ups
  2 rounds of:
  14 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
  14 chest-to-bar pull-ups

For as long as possible:
From 0:00-3:00
From 3:00-6:00
From 6:00-9:00
Etc., following same pattern


I spent about a half hour trying to get a C2B last Thursday afternoon and I think it was too much time because my arms failed me during the workout on Friday. I said I'd go for the scaled workout or try 15.2 again over the weekend, but then I told myself to stop beating myself up over it.

Unfortunately, I had also convinced myself that I had improved from last year because I was able to do the 10 overhead squats at 65# unbroken but a little rereading of my 14.2 post from last year tells me I have already done this. At least now I know what my 2015 goal is - chest to fucking bar pull-ups, preferably strung together like an effing butterfly.


At least my outfit was sick.

                                                      shorts: Via PrivĂ© for Team Dangerous
                                                      shirt: Look Human
                                                      socks: Walmart (No joke!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...