Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Hour Cycle

The Equinox in Woodbury added Happy Hour Cycle to the schedule.  Held from 5:45pm - 6:45pm on Friday evenings, this class allows fitness enthusiasts to burn off the calories they will most likely be consuming soon after the class ends. Most Equinoxes in Manhattan offer Friday evening classes, so it's high time Long Islanders got some non-yoga options too.

I knew I shouldn't be spinning right after I clipped my shoes into the pedals. My left knee had locked out on the stairs during dismissal, and sitting in Friday traffic didn't help it. Although I didn't get to enjoy the class, I'm sure I would have if I had a normal-functioning knee.

John Kojac lead us on a fairly intense ride filled with climbs. He asked us to push ourselves at a level 10 as we climbed a series of three hills. This type of workout is good to develop length strength, and to train your body to push through pain, which is a necessary skill for racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...