Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Coconuts Gone Wild: Blue Monkey Pure Coconut Water

You can spot Mr. Coly Cat Mink in the background.
Today I woke up in my apartment, underneath all of my decorative pillows. I was still wearing my contacts and my tube top. And I broke my left pinky toe. Come to think of it, I was wearing the same shoes the last time I drunkenly broke one of my toes. Marathon training is sure going to be fun.

After watching two weeks worth of Degrassi while sucking down a Slurpee, I rolled up to Whole Foods. I spotted a new brand of coconut water while standing in line to pay for my sushi. Drawn to the coloring of the pretty aluminum can, I grabbed one and hoped it would help my hangover.

Blue Monkey is 76 calories and 10 grams of sugar for 8 fluid ounces. The container I bought is 17.6 fluid ounces. It's a lot sweeter than O.N.E, Vita Coco, and Zico. I'm not sure if I like it. It tasted more like the fresh coconut I had in Chinatown, but not as refreshing. To be fair, my taste buds have been overwhelmed by scalding 7-11 coffee and whisky. I might pick up a smaller can this week after a workout to see if my reaction changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...