Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cardio Kickboxing at Athleta


Athleta at 85th and 3rd
I saw a sign for cardio kickboxing when I stopped into Athleta yesterday. Although I ran 7 miles this morning, I was dead set on attending this free class. I love cardio kickboxing. The day Yves Maco left Equinox was one of the most disappointing of my life, and I've never really gotten back into it. I've been meaning to find a new kickboxing instructor whom I really like, although no one can compare with Yves. Nedra Lopez, owner and master trainer of DNA Fitness, taught this introduction to cardio kickboxing tonight.
I really want to get some new yoga pants from Athleta.
The class was okay. It's pretty difficult to have a full scale kickboxing class in a store, but I could tell that a normal class with Nedra would be awesome. She taught us the basics and alternated the kickboxing moves with a circuit of burpees, push-ups, planks, and mountain-climbers. I already knew the basics, but my ass is sore from running that a real kickboxing class would've paralyzed me for this weekend.

Athleta carries a lot of running gear.
Unfortunately a lot of it has flowery patterns I'm just not into.
Nedra teaches a boot camp every Wednesday at a studio over on 74th and Park. I'm not too keen on spending even more money on gym memberships than I already do, but I feel motivated to return to Equinox kickboxing on a regular basis.
HINT Water was provided for us.
I went to the 34 year-old's after class. We've become a regular item. I was starving so I ordered dinner from Yuko Sushi. I have been in the mood for sushi for a while. I ordered the side of rice because I have carte blanche to eat carbohydrates because the Marathon is on Sunday! I am freaking out very excited.
Carbo Loading starts NOW.
To see all of the FREE classes offered at Athleta, click here.

4 comments:

  1. My employer allows us a limited (and specific) amount of time to browse non-work related websites while at the office. I am happy to say that a good portion of said allotted time is spent on your site. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your employer is very wise. I browse non-work related websites while on conference calls... God bless the extended desktop.

    Thank you for reading my blog! I'm glad you enjoy it. We at In Shape Out of Mind appreciate feedback. Anything you'd like to read more about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am all about free classes!! Lululemon does a lot here in miami and it has allowed me to try all kinds of things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, I love lululemon classes! Yves Maco teaches Dance Fusion there sometimes. Which classes have you attended there?

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...