Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Rest, Running, & Relaxation

I didn't get home until 3:15 this morning and I wasn't even drinking. Sober September has been a success thus far. I made myself get up at 9:30, but there were no yoga classes being offered today at the Long Island Equinoxes. My body is too sore for another full body workout class.

After lounging and napping today, I went for a quick run around the block at about 6 PM. I realized I had forgotten all of my Brooks road sneakers in Manhattan so I was forced to wear a pair of Nikes that I don't care for much. The LunarGlides 2 are just too heavy and clunky. I feel like I'm wearing platforms.


I'm fully capable of sucking it up for a few miles. I listened to a mix I found on my iPhone called "I Respect You" filled with some songs that don't really show respect for anyone. Ohh, drunken playlist making. I'm sure I was pissed at someone when I made it.

I ran 4 miles. Feel pretty good about myself and this commitment to fitness. Just have to keep going for the rest of the month.*

*For the sake of full disclosure, Sober September Health Month might be ending on the 28th. The annual Cape Cod bender is that weekend and I'd like to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...