Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sofitel Hotel Workout

My dad and I got into DC late last night. We had a delicious midnight meal at Old Ebbitt Grill before I passed out in my comfy bed.

I didn't get up until about 9, although I woke up at 8. The SO FIT gym was said to be located on level B. I got dressed, grabbed my Oxygen magazine and my headphones, and headed on down only to discover that the gym is under construction. It's been temporarily relocated to a conference room.


Given what it is - gym equipment temporarily housed in a conference room - the space is alright.



I spent about 10 minutes warming up a 9% incline power-walking with short bursts of jogging. I did two rounds of varied squats with an 18 lbs body bar, chest presses with both 15 and 20 lbs dumbbells, and shoulder presses with 10 lbs dumbbells. I flirted with the idea of doing planks with a medicine ball before deciding I was done with my quick workout and needed to get. Y day started.



My dad and I hit up the George Bellows exhibit at the National Art Gallery and made a visit to the United States Botanic Garden, where he got lost. We're now sitting in the lobby of 675 E Street NW, waiting out the storm. A nice woman who lives here let us in, and good thing too because I saw the Starbucks umbrellas sail down the street and almost hit a car.

Look at that amazing French manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...