Don't mind my bloated stomach. I was eating carbs last night. Eek.
|This is what I look like at 5:45 AM.|
The original Boobypack has single straps and they are not adjustable. The 2.0, which I am getting for my birthday and I am so effing excited that I bought it for my sister for her birthday so I can see it a month early, has double straps and they are adjustable.
I had to yank the top down to get the cups where they belong. Since we all know my cups don't runneth over, this is a perfectly suitable top for a casual run. If you've got the kind of chest guys notice, you will likely need more support.
|The zippers are underneath the armpits.|
|The straps cross in the back.|
I stashed a Chapstick on one side and my apartment keys in the other. I thought I'd be able to feel them and that they would bother me, especially that Chapstick, but I honestly didn't notice them. I guess I keep my elbows a little turned out when I run.
|The Chapstick in my armpit.|
They were interested alright - because it had tie-dyed my freaking tank top!
My shirt was covered in pink because the dye used on the straps doesn't like sweat. Strangely the Boobypack was fine. I rinsed the Boobypack in cold water and squeezed out the excess water. Hopefully it won't run anymore. Don't worry about the tank top - a bath in detergent and bleach has left it looking better than it did when I put it on this morning.
|The pouch turned inside out.|
- Looks awesome
- Cuter than the average sports bra
- Convenient place to stash your keys, credit cards, cash, Chapstick
- Nearly impossible to fish out your keys when your tired, hot, sweaty and trying to get into your apartment
- Might lack the support necessary for more intense runs
- Dyes clothing
The Boobypack website says the product they are now selling has:
- Micro mesh lining that wicks away sweat
- Removable padding for added shape
- Double, adjustable, racerback straps for added support
- Reinforced, water-resistant, zipper-enclosed pockets on either side that can fit your cash, ID, smartphone and even your passport
- Elastic sewn into the hems for durability and stretch retention
- Unique dying method for color that will last jog after jog, concert after concert
I think all of my issues with the Kickstarter backer version have been addressed, except maybe for the pouch not staying put.
Overall, I recommend the Boobypack as a sports bra.