Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Kings Park 15K

So I've been wearing my Kings Park 15K sweatshirt around this weekend because it's red, white, and blue and it occurred to me that I never wrote a post on the race.

Back on March 16, I rolled up to Kings Park to basically pay to do my long run. I had finished the Caumsett 50K two weeks before, my legs were dead, and a "scenic, hilly 9.3 mile run through the beautiful and challenging roads of Kings Park" sounded like a great way to get off my ass.

Did I mention my legs were dead?

March 2013 was a lot colder than previous Marches and as you can see from my delightfully patriotic outfit, long sleeves, gloves, and pants were necessary. Not really my ideal running conditions.

I also assumed that there would be more than one porta-potty on the course so I didn't go before the race started. And I regretted it for over 8 miles.


I was such a chunkster!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...