Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Goonies Never Say Die

So Saturday morning I woke up at 5:21 AM. That's what I get for being a responsible person and staying in on Friday. I was also still recovering from norovirus, aka the most debilitating stomach bug ever, so I got in bed at 7:30 PM. Sorry I'm not sorry. The logical thing to do when you're up at that hour is sign up for the earliest CrossFit class and that's how I found myself at EVF at 8 AM.

The WOD name alone made me giddy with excitement but the fact that it was a partner WOD really made it awesome. That James Quigley and his awesome programming.


Goonies Never Say Die
Training in teams of 2

6 Min AMRAP

MAX HSPU

Hold Barbell at the top of the deadlift position (135/95)
2 Min Rest

6 Min AMRAP

Max Pull ups

Hold Barbell in front rack position (95/65)
2 Min Rest

6 Min AMRAP

Max Burpees

Hold Onto Rig

While Partner A performs their reps
Partner B holds the static modality
Partners must switch once the static portion is broken or when Partner A needs to switch

My partner John and I decided to both use the women's weights for the WOD. I subbed regular push-ups for the HSPUs and used a blue band for the pull-ups. I was proud of how easy it was to hold 95# in the deadlift position for extended periods of time because there's no way I would have been able to do that a year ago.


My friend Melissa from the corps came for the next class and she brought muffins! No added sugar and they're mostly made of eggs. They smelled delicious and tasted even better.


I picked up the new super hero inspired Nano 3.0s. They're beautiful and I can finally start wearing neon yellow again.



 So this is a pretty shitty picture but I was so happy to wear my CrossFit Elysium shirt. They didn't have any large shirts when I was there so I bought one that was too small for me with the goal to lose some weight. It's fitted for sure but I got it on without any unsightly fat roles. #winning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...