Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Rhinoplasty Recovery

Greetings from my sick bed!

I considered keeping my recent rhinoplasty to myself and then thought, why bother? It's going to affect my future training for at least 2 months and you guys might start to notice something is up when I'm taking Flywheel classes instead of lifting heavy.

Many of you may be wondering why did I get a nose job? Because my nose has taken a beating. I've broken it four times; the first time when I was 20 and the most recent being January. I also had really shitty sinuses. On Monday I had septoplasty, turbinate reduction, and something done to my sinuses to expand them that involved a balloon. I elected to have the two bumps on my nose from breaks two and three removed at the same time, but that's pretty minor compared to all of the other work that was done. My very wonderful friend Tai picked me up from Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital and I've been living grand in my bed since. I can share the horror story of my post-op wake-up in another post if y'all are interested but as a teaser, it involves a moaning woman named Sylvia, my denied request for ear plugs, and my subsequent panic attack. It was a very fun afternoon to say the least.

Thankfully Nick and Sharon got back together on The Young and the Restless because I am restless as all hell. The weather is beautiful or so my window leads me to believe but I can't do much. I can feel my body atrophying. I need exercise!

This is me taking conferences calls from under ice packs and gauze.


I don't know how much longer I can last like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...