Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

14.2

I'm a little tardy with a 14.2 write up, partly because I was traveling and partly because I was unhappy with my score.

14.2 was announced on Thursday, March 6 when Camille Leblanc-Bazinet and Talayna Fortunato went head to head in Miami. It was effing crazy. Talayna killed that shit.

WORKOUT 14.2

Every 3 minutes for as long as possible complete:

From 0:00-3:00
   2 rounds of:
   10 overhead squats
   10 chest-to-bar pull-ups

From 3:00-6:00
   2 rounds of:
   12 overhead squats
   12 chest-to-bar pull-ups

From 6:00-9:00
   2 rounds of:
   14 overhead squats
   14 chest-to-bar pull-ups

Etc., following same pattern until you fail to complete both rounds



I was dreading an Open workout with chest to bar pull-ups and I was hoping to avoid overhead squats, but instead I got my super goat. Woohoo! I did 10 unbroken 65# OHS and then spent the rest of my 3 minutes flailing around on the bar. I had never done 10 unbroken before. The 4 OHS at 65# that I completed at Frostbite were actually the heaviest I had ever gotten.


It was really cool to finally get to go to CrossFit Elysium. I'm kind of obsessed with Alessandra Wall and then she ended up being my judge.


Coach Vlad honey badgering 14.2. He made it to the last set up pull-ups for the round of 16.

Co-owner, coach, and head of operations Leon Chang judging Vlad.
The people at Elysium were really friendly and I wish that I had had more time to spend with them. Unfortunately, I had waited to check out of my hotel until after the workout and then I had to rush back to shower and get my stuff out of my room.

wall of box shirts from athletes who have dropped in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...