Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Friday, November 12, 2010

First Love

Back in 2007 when I first joined Equinox, I fell in love with step aerobics. Unfortunately step is popular with women of a certain age who don't work, which is why it is usually only offered during the middle of the day.

Yesterday I had off of work for Veterans Day (thank you to all the men and women who have risked or given their lives to keep us free!) and got to hit up Wayne Standaloft's Cardio Step class at 54th and 2nd. It was everything I dreamed of and more. The choreography was fast-paced and a little challenging. I am definitely out of practice and I tripped a few times. All those turns are confusing!

Step is a great cardio workout. In 47 minutes (class started late) I burned over 650 calories with my maximum heart rate hitting 201 bpm. Try doing that on a treadmill. You'd be bored out of your mind and crying for mercy. Wayne's class is a new In Shape Out of Mind favorite and is highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...