Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Felix Neck

In celebration of my new job, yes my new job!, I went to Martha's Vineyard this week to visit a boy. Who doesn't like to celebrate their career accomplishments with male companionship and ginger beer? Sadly, it rained the entire time. Actually that is a lie - it stopped raining for one whole hour, but I managed to spend that time at the beach.
Vacations are no excuse to stop running entirely. I packed my gear and tried to convince that boy to join me. He is a fair weather runner and declined. I've spent the summer reading these semi-awful Martha's Vineyard Mystery books by Phillip Craig and recognized Felix Neck from his stories. Fortunately for me, I was staying near Felix Neck and had the opportunity to explore the trails.

I wasn't exactly sure where I was going but I certainly enjoyed myself. It got pretty muddy and I wished I had packed my all-terrain sneakers instead of my pretty, white Brooks Adrenaline 11s. I stopped to take a picture on a footbridge/check my mileage on my phone.

 I found a body of water! I think it is Sengekontacket Pond but I'm not sure. I do know that I took the Shad Trail to find it. I turned around and continued on, hoping to find some more trail markers. Thankfully I did.
I could have done a lot more exploring, but my phone was dying and I told the boy to come find me if I wasn't back in an hour and twenty minutes. I return in fifty-nine, but if I had stayed out and really gotten into a groove, I would've been unreachable and I didn't tell him I was going trail running. Felix Neck is beautiful, with well-maintained trails. I highly recommend it for any runners who will be on Martha's Vineyard. To print a copy of the trail maps, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...