Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Runners Are Not Monogamous

I had to return to the city today to pick up my mail and pay my bills before taking off for the Vineyard this week. It was a beautiful day, so I texted/called/Facebook-chatted my running partner about going for a nice mid-morning run, but received no answer. As I finished parallel-parking Petunia on 82nd Street, who did I see walking down the street? My running partner... in his running clothes... with another girl.

That's right - my running partner is cheating on me! I caught him flagrantly ignoring me in favor of another runner. I'm actually not upset, but he sure looked guilty.

Today wasn't a scheduled run day, and I looked pretty cute in my sundress, which led me to call up a friend for brunch. The weather was spectacular so I decided to walk to Columbus Circle before catching the C train to Chelsea. All in all, it was a glorious day, even if I've got a two-timing running partner. I can't really blame him since I have three.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious. I started running with my man, and yes...I've been running on my own. But I much prefer it with him- we tried Caumsett, which I LOVE. Also, I warned him about my previous running experience: some teacher/coach at EWS saying "run laps" and me being slow and chubby struggling along. We made sure to avoid fields. Turns out, i LIKE running. I actually really do! This is insanely exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running shouldn't be a punishment! Stupid EWS coaches. I'm so glad you like running! Caumsett is awesome. I've been meaning to get back there. Have you considered trail running? The Greenbelt Trail in CSH is a favorite and only has one field about 4 miles into it.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...