Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Burpee Box Jumps


I'm back from Tulsa and back at CrossFit Hell's Kitchen. There's been some renovations while I was away and the place looks great. I especially like the dressing-room-style glamour lights over the sink in the ladies' locker room.

Anthony also got us Wodify so that we can track our performance. It looks sick and I cannot wait to start using it.

I know I haven't done a Weight Loss Wednesday in a while and I think I might be gaining weight back. I know that I have definitely added muscle but I've been eating a lot of junk (i.e. rice, dairy, bread, Cheetos) and not monitoring portions at all.




WOD


Strength
Wave 4 De-Load
Sots Press
4 sets of 5 at 40%
5 X 50%
5 X 60%

Conditioning
4 rounds for time of:
Run 400m
20 Burpee Box Jumps 20″

WHITEBOARD
1 x 5 @ 25lbs
Conditioning- 18:15

I was really excited about today's WOD. Sots presses are awkward but I was a lot better than the last time I tried them. I worked my ass off in conditioning. I took my strategy for running a 5K and applied it to the rounds. I sprinted the first round as hard as I could and powered through the burpee box jumps. I was definitely slower on the second run but kept up the burpee box jump tempo. I tried to survive the third round period. Then I gave it all during the fourth round to make up time.

I got home from the WOD pretty thrashed and there was nothing I wanted to eat in my refrigerator, since the only things in my refrigerator are sardines and Shot Bloks. I was approaching the point where I felt like I was bonking after a long-run and I wasn't hungry at all. Unfortunately that is an indicator that I'm about to experience some hunger-induced vomiting.

I didn't think I was going to be able to get off the couch to feed myself and I didn't want to order Chinese, so I started texting people that I know can cook and asked them to feed me. And those folks misinterpreted those texts as requests for some action. Upon reflection, I guess I do pick my romantic partners based on their ability and willingness to cook me dinner. Accepting defeat, I went to Fairway myself. This is the only time I regret not having a boyfriend, although what I think I really need is a wife.


I ended up with pasta salad, cherry tomatoes, and applesauce for dinner. It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...