Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Friday Night CrossFit


After a long week that seemed to fly by, I was really excited to cap it off with a 7:45 PM class at CrossFit Hell's Kitchen. I fought with an Excel spreadsheet for most of the afternoon, submitted my finished task to my boss, and headed down to the box a little early to watch the 7 PM class.


If you're in one of these photos and would like me to send it you, please leave a comment below.


WOD:
Strength is Wave 4 of the Wendler Cycle. Sumo Deadlift. Deload. Conditioning is DT.
Strength
Sumo Deadlift (4X5X40%, 1x5x50%, 1x5x60%)
Track only your 1x5x60%

Conditioning
DT (Time)
5 Rounds for time:
12 Deadlifts, 155# / 105#
9 Hang Power Cleans, 155# / 105#
6 Push Jerks, 155# / 105#

What Really Happened:

Turns out I'm not too bad at the sumo deadlift. I started off with the lady bar to warm up. It's 33 lbs. I used 53 lbs for 4x5, 63 lbs for the first 1x5, and 73 lbs for the final 1x5. Since I'm nuts, I just went back into Wodify to change my weight from 75 to 73 lbs because I remembered that the bella bar is only 15kg. I should probably just add 1 lbs plates to the thing to keep my own sanity.


Feeling good about my performance during strength, I was psyched for the conditioning portion. I used 53 lbs. Since I watched the class before mine complete the conditioning work, I knew what the movements should look like. Honestly, no matter how many YouTube videos I watch, I blank on everything when I get into the box. I need a cheat sheet. (We have posters but not where I like to stand.)

Anthony put up these nifty whiteboards last month and I finally used one. I learned from the ladies at CrossFit Central LI that it's wise to write down the number of rounds in the beginning so you can erase each one with your finger rather than grab a marker after each round to tally.

I made it through each set of my first round without stopping but I definitely felt something pull in my neck during my second push jerk. It wasn't bad enough to stop but I think I almost heard it as much as I felt it. I'm still a little sore but I iced it Friday night. I completed all five rounds in 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...