Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Jumping Rope

I read a post on CrossFit Central LI's website that really hit home with me. That Chris is just so wise.

"If there’s some movement or exercise that’s been haunting you that your just having trouble getting down.  Take the time to practice it, don’t ignore it. Ignoring it only frustrates you when it comes up in a workout… Unless of course you ignore it in the workout also."

The exercise that I avoid is double-unders. I'm competitive and I can jump single-unders for over 5 minutes straight, so instead of practicing double-unders during a WOD, I've taken the scaled version which usually just doubles the number of single-unders. So today I decided to practice double-unders.

I warmed up. I got into a good single-under rhythm. I did one double-under! Not really sure how, but I did. I did some more single-under jumping. Got another double-under, pretty much on accident. And a few more jumps later my jump rope broke. Oops.


I went for a 3 mile run instead.

I'm someone who really relies on muscle memory. The only reason I can dance at all is because there are certain moves that are so ingrained in my head that I can just do them. I don't know what it feels like to do a double-under so at this point I'm not sure how to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...