Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Atlanta

source
Tonight I'm heading down to Atlanta to check out apartments. People keep asking me if I have a lot of friends there, and to be honest, I don't. I'm just going to join a box.

A year ago, I was a hot mess. I surrounded myself with people who didn't actually care about me or my well-being. I compromised my happiness and subjected myself to treatment that is less than I deserve. My life was empty and it's no wonder I spent a significant amount of it drunk.

Signing up for Essentials at CrossFit Hell's Kitchen was a 3 day commitment that entirely changed my life and gave me the opportunity to meet more than a hundred amazing people. I am honored to be their friend. I also don't have to compromise myself to do so. I am my best self when I am with them.

So no. I don't have a lot of friends in Atlanta but I'm not concerned. I'm not moving to Atlanta for any reason or anyone but me. I want to live in a more affordable city that has nightlife for young people but will also make a good place to settle down and start a family. I want to live in an apartment bigger than a walk-in closet. I want to drive my car. I also want to continue working for my organization and our Atlanta office is well-established and home to many of our senior leaders whom I admire.

I look forward to touring boxes in Atlanta and finding my new family, but no matter where I live, I will always call CrossFit Hell's Kitchen home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...