Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Long Run for Half Marathon Training

Long runs are pretty critical for any long(er) distance race. I used to run and race so often that I didn't really bother with them. I signed up for the Area 13.1 Half Marathon in November under the condition that I would train for it. I have a training plan that I loosely follow, but I haven't been that great about the long runs. I did my first long run in a very long time on Monday, July 14.


I gave myself 2 hours to run 10 miles. As you can see above, I reached that goal.



I'm just getting to know my neighborhood and surrounding area and running is a great way to do that. I headed out of my complex towards historic Virginia-Highland and just kept taking side streets. I drive through Morningside-Lenox Park on my way to the box and I really like the houses there.

I'd like to live in this house.
The run was pretty brutal. It was hot and humid and by the time  I was done, it looked like I had peed my shorts. My tank top was so sweaty, it looked navy blue instead of the greyish green color it started as. My plan called for the last 4 miles to be ran at half marathon goal pace but I made the executive decision to just finish without collapsing on the street. Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...