Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Fall Half Marathon

I've been thinking a lot about running lately. My good friend and Facebook wife, Rebecca, likes to get my riled up about running and then I adamantly insist that I hate it. I didn't always hate running and sometimes I do miss racing, even with all of the pressure I put on myself. Running used to be fun and I want that fun back.

these are photos from a run along the Beltline during my first week in Atlanta
Yesterday I skipped CrossFit in favor of a run through Piedmont Park. I explored different paths, saw lots of dogs, and braved the oppressive heat on the Active Oval. I really enjoyed working on my agility while running stairs and I even found a pull-up bar to practice static hangs.


I may not have a full length mirror in my apartment yet but I felt like it had been too long since I had plastered this space with gratuitous selfies, and let's just be honest - that ass looks great. In preparation for a hot humid Atlanta summer, I ordered five sticks of Bodyglide. I'll let you know if they make it through July. That view of midtown - oh that's just the view from my apartment complex. And a leisurely 5.1 miles in 51 and a half minutes isn't something to frown upon either. Atlanta, you are too good to me.

Running was pretty fun yesterday and it really is a waste not to use my (seven pairs of) running shoes so I signed up for a half marathon this November. I'm going to train for this sucker and my time to beat is 1:47:09 from the NYRR Staten Island Half Marathon on October 9, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...