Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Goals in Review


I started 2016 with a list of goals I wanted to achieve. Spoiler alert! I only achieved one, but I'm not mad about it.

WOD 200 times in 2016. I did not reach my goal, but I did recommit myself to CrossFit this year and I am so happy that I did. I strengthened existing friendships and made new ones with people at my box whom I love very much. My girl Kayte became my bff. I had some pretty awesome drop-ins. This is definitely a goal I am going to try for in 2017.

Tuck 10 times a month. Not even close. I couldn't keep working at Pure Barre with the demands of my day job. And once we were no longer allowed to take class during the last class of our shifts, the whole perk lost its allure. I have an unlimited month at Pure Barre Brookhaven in January and I am going to participate in their New Year Challenge.

Train for a 1/2 marathon. I didn't train for the HOTLANTA Half Marathon or the Area 13.1, but I ran both of them.

Complete the Marine Corps Marathon in under 4 hours. Nope. But I did PR my marathon with a time of 4:15:35.

Sleep 8 hours a night. Sometimes. I make an effort to get more sleep and I am more willing to admit that I need to take something to help me sleep some nights.

Drink 3 liters of water daily. For a while I was really on point. Lately not as much. This is another keeper for 2017.

Rock the GMAT. I have rescheduled this thing so many times. I'm taking it in March 2017. I'm so sick of thinking about it.

Comment on other blogs. I engage with bloggers more but mostly on Instagram.

Focusing on living my life one moment at a time. This is the only goal that I think I accomplished. This year has been so incredibly stressful, and yet I made it through and I am so happy. Sure, I still get overwhelmed and stressed out. I probably drink too much and don't spend enough time doing important things like studying for the GMAT. But I have stopped thinking that once I do, get, earn, or lose X, I will suddenly be able to start living my life. I'm not waiting for the day that someone moves here, or the day I lose 10 lbs, or the day I make a certain salary, or anything else for that matter. Today is where I am and that is exactly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...