Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, December 5, 2016

I Did EVERYTHING This Weekend

I accomplished so much this weekend. After having my ass kicked at Friday's WOD, I powered through a work day that was defined by excessive amounts of coffee and a stupid federal website being down. Fighting with that thing was a true delight. I went out for drinks at the Lawrence, made the poor decision to try multiple selections off of their cocktail menu, and then finished up the night at The Highlander with my neighbors. Saying I was overserved is probably putting it lightly.

I ordered one of these as a road soda on Friday. It was pretty tasty.

But don't worry - my neighbor texted the group the next morning about going for a run and I thought it was a great idea. I'm testing a new pair of shoes for Brooks and I needed to get some mileage so I could answer the first impression survey. I damn near died. I was thirsty, I was hungry, I could feel my need for carbs in my quads, and I was hacking up a lung. My evil neighbor made us sprint home. I laid down in the parking lot and told him to leave me for dead.

This was taken after I managed to get off of the pavement.

The Ugly Christmas Sweater Run was about to take place in Piedmont Park while we ran through it. We ran along part of the course and got to see people's outfits. The Johnny Cash Christmas album was on and everything was perfect, except for the fact that I thought I was going to collapse.



I had lunch with Kayte and then spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around Target hungover and buying Christmas stuff I probably do not definitely need.

Just casually tossing things into my cart while drinking my unsweetened tea.

I went out to dinner at Fat Matt's because it's the best barbecue and then I watched the Rich Froning movie. I'm not sure why I waited so long to watch it but it was everything I dreamed of and more. Who knew Rich cried so often?

I stepped one of the dogs' antler toys and impaled my foot. That's what I get for staying in.

Church was really good this Sunday, and there was a potluck luncheon afterwards. Last December 27, my dad asked that we each choose a church and go six times as his 2016 Christmas present. It occurred to me yesterday that he actually gave me a gift considering I enjoy going so much now. Why are dads always right?

Guess who is the proud owner of a lit tinsel dachshund?

I came home from church, got dressed for Pure Barre, and then set up my decorations on my patio.

I finally got to wear my Pure Barre Christmas light tank!

I'm loving the new sticky socks! They're actually sticky!

I had a delicious meal prepared for me yesterday evening and there was a lot of wine involved, and so I wasn't too surprised this morning when I woke up bleary-eyed and dehydrated. The 6:30 AM class is hard enough on a Monday morning without a red wine hangover.


I hit my last power clean + 2 front squats at 125#. I tried to not throw up through 5+18 rounds of the Bergeron Beep Test, but it we did it as a 10 minute AMRAP. I was mentally checked out of it before it even began, but I did improve my pull-up form.


I'm trying to trust the process of this reverse dieting thing but I just think I've gotten fat. I don't think I look too large until I see myself in photos. Big thanks to my girl Kayte for being will to take pictures of me at 7 in the morning. That's my new Fabletics outfit. It's blue tiger print and I am obsessed.

In another news, it's still raining. We better not get 43 days of this nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...