Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Weight Loss Wednesday 4.26.17

So this week's Weight Loss Wednesday post started as a Monday Macros post. I started it Monday morning, but decided that yesterday's workouts were relevant to how I've been feeling about my diet. This week I lowered my macros to 120 g protein, 175 g carbs, 65 g fat. The only number that changed is the amount of carbs, but it's still more carbs than the last time I was eating 1,765 calories a day.

Monday's WOD went great. We did Nancy, which is 5 rounds for time of a 400 m run and 15 overhead squats. The Rx for women is 65#, but I scale to 55#. The desired stimulus is to go fast and hard, so the OHS should be unbroken. I think yesterday was the first time I've done all 5 rounds at 55# unbroken. I finished in 14:31, which is 2 minutes and 46 seconds faster than the last time I did the workout on April 6, 2016. This is why you log you workouts folks. Data is awesome.

I was particularly proud of my color-coordinated outfit for Nancy on Monday. Couldn't care less about what I wear for work, but my workout clothes are on point.

I was so hungry Monday night before bed that I had trouble falling asleep. I wondered how much of that was mental, just knowing that I had eaten less, but I definitely felt less strong at the 6:30 AM Crossfit yesterday. I hit my 6x2 split jerks at 65#, 75#, 80#, 85#, 90#, 95#. That 95# did not feel as light as it has recently. The metcon had squat snatches at 145#. I probably would have used 125# at an evening class, but scaled to 105#.


Last evening I went to Be Hot Yoga for the 75 minute Bikram-esque class. I was so hungry when I left for class but the heat quickly made me forget and focus on my balance. For some reason, Bikram leaves me wide awake. I could have gone to sleep on my couch at 7 PM, but I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed when class ended at 8:30 PM. That prevented me from falling asleep when I got into bed at 10. I slept in until 8 AM today, so I think I'll have to switch to the morning class if I plan on doing more doubles.

I spent the past weekend in Austin celebrating the spectacular marriage of two of the best people on earth. It was so much freaking fun. Epic dance party, old and new friends, all the Tito's and rosé. This was after nearly a week in Charleston.

Jesse and Dave had beer burros at their wedding! Little donkeys with beer in their saddlebags!

It was surprisingly cold and windy for Austin. I wore a suede jacket for most of the evening until it was dancing time.

My weight on Monday was 147 lbs (not that bad considering the travel and celebrations) and 24.1% body fat according to the handheld thing I have. Today I weighed in at 144.2.

Hilton's have the most flattering mirrors but unfortunately they're not always hung in the best places.
Today's progress pics show some more ab definition than I've seen in a while, which makes me happy. I can flex my left side so that it's more visible than my right, which I find funny for some reason. I can also smile wider on my left side. 


 I've read some of those Instagram models fitspo posts lately about how we shouldn't compare ourselves to IG models, and then the IG models post photos about how they too are just average people who work hard but know how to pose and use good lighting. All I have taken from these posts is that I need to get some better lighting in this ground floor apartment of mine. Cue the klieg lights...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...