Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cheating on My Running Partner

After busting my ass at Titan Method tonight, I met up with my best friend's roommate's older brother who just happens to be my neighbor (got that?) for a run. I'm always looking for someone to go running with because I find that it helps to keep me motivated, varies my running distances and paces, and distracts me when I might decide to stop early in favor of soap operas and beer. The new neighbor made for a good running partner. I have to admit though, I felt a little guilty. I felt like I was cheating on my other running partner. This new one was faster, better, and had new stories to share... It was like test driving a new car while worrying about your current one sitting alone in the parking lot. Fortunately, running partners are like rich people's cars - you can have one to suit your different needs. This gets back to my point about varying your pace.

You shouldn't run the same distance at the same speed every day. You're not doing yourself any favors. You need fast days and slow days, short runs and long runs. I am horrible about planning my runs - I like 5-7 miles at 7.35 minute miles, and no matter what I say I will do, that's what I end up doing if I'm on my own. I'd rather rotate my running partners and improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...