Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Love Yves Maco. Will Travel.

I woke up on Sunday morning with all intention of going for a run, but then Coco Loco kept appearing on my newsfeed. I needed to get my Yves fix and knew I'd be kicking myself if I didn't get my ass kicked at this 90 minute master class.

The class was held at Life Fitness down in Lawrence. Now I once dated a guy whose parents have a membership at the Lawrence Beach Club. LBC is beautiful and I don't remember driving through any unsavory neighborhoods to get there. Any illusions I had were dashed by my GPS's direct and dirty route - I recognized the area and realized I was uncomfortably close to my place of work!

Life's facility is quite lovely despite the nearby bodegas. The staff is friendly, the floor is equipped with new Cybex machines, and the locker room is clean. The juice bar appeared to be well-stocked and attended. If I lived anywhere near there, I would consider joining.

Our class was held on the racquet courts. It was weird to kickbox without mirrors! I was just so happy to be back, I didn't care where we were. I wish more of my Great Neck Equinox friends had shown up, but the crowd from Fusion, Life, and Lifetime were pretty cool. I felt extra special because Yves gave me a big sweaty hug. I felt like the prodigal son coming home, even though Yves was the one who left this time.

90 minute master classes are a mash-up of Yves' kickboxing, Dance Fusion, and boot camp classes with Coco's Zumba expertise. These classes are fun, intense, and burn tons of calories. Check out www.yvesmaco.com regularly to find upcoming events.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...