Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Monday, November 14, 2011

I'm Too Young For This

This morning I woke up, energized for my trail run, ready to take on the world, when I saw it. I was aggressively brushing my teeth (as usual), telling myself how great I look, when my eyes zeroed in on the most frightening thing I've seen in the mirror since I noticed the broken blood vessel beneath my right eye after three years of living the life in college. Smack dab in the middle of my forehead, sticking straight into the air, is my first grey hair. And by grey hair, I mean a white, wiry, somewhat shiny piece of hair.

WTF?! I'm only twenty-five!

Needless to say, I am horrified.

White hairs, and getting old for that matter, are no excuse to give up on trail-running, so I hopped in Petunia and drove to the Greenbelt Trail. Brooks has sent me another pair of trail shoes to test wear, and I did a nice 4 mile run. There was a lot of walking in my run. I'm not sure if it's because I ran a marathon a week ago or because I hadn't eaten breakfast, but running up those hills was effing tough.

Thank goodness you can't see the grey hair..

I was definitely overdressed. I assumed that it would be cold on the trail because it was cold in my parents' house, so I wore C9 running tights, a long-sleeved cotton shirt, and a sweatshirt. I could've worn a tech t-shirt and been fine. Has anyone else been thrown off by this wonky November weather?

My favorite part of the trail.

I had a half comp day today and needed to be back in NYC to work from my apartment at 1 PM. I think I got more done, and worked longer hours, working a "half day" from my princess desk than I ever do at the office. Perhaps it has something to do with working in my underwear... or the lack of noisy distractions.

The more time I spend working in the "real-world" I find that I did my best work in college library conditions.
I didn't do this, but these are the 34 year-old's and my initials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...