Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Toma!: I Think I'm in Love

Did you think this post was about the 34 year-old? Try again. My boxing gloves have been sitting in my desk since I took my new job, but I finally got my ass out of work and into the gym on a Tuesday night. I went Toma! at the Equinox on 63rd Street.


About this class: 
Experience the Sweet Science of Boxing. Developed by Angel Alicea, train basic/advanced punching combinations on the heavy bags & develop speed, accuracy & defense with focus mitts. Conditioning drills challenge your ultimate fitness level. Handwraps/gelwraps are mandatory, boxing gloves available.

This class was great. I have been wanting to get into real boxing for a while, and it is not easy. I need remedial help, especially since I can follow verbal directions. We warmed-up and then rotated through stations. Two stations were on the bag, the next station was mountain climbers and plank ups, and the last station was focus mitts with Angel. To finish up the class we all worked on the bags and then did these things where we quickly hit a partner's gloves. And I can't forget the partner plank thrusts. One person gets in a plank (wearing gloves mind you), and the other person jumps over them, does a push-up, stands up and jumps over the planking person again and then goes into his push-up. You keep alternating and jumping over each other. It's nuts.

Gloves, hand wraps, water bottle, sweat-soaked towel.
I actually can't lift my arms right now and it sucks to type.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...