Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Night Moves

After spending a solid 12 hours in the office (6:45 - 6:45), I decided it was time to head on home and finish up any other tasks later on. One of my coworkers told me it was beautiful out and that I should run outside instead of going to the gym.

I headed over to the park to run the 6 mile loop. It ended up being warmer than I expected and I was more than fine in a pair of Matty M leggings and my Under Armour top. I could probably have gotten away with shorts.

My goal was to run hard and fast. I managed to keep my pace between 7 and 8:35 for most of the time - I think. Does anyone have serious Garmin satellite trouble on the Upper Eastside? The dang thing kept losing its satellite connection, which was fine for most of the time, until the run back to my apartment. Somehow an ~8.6 mile run became 9.7. I really want to geek out and analyze my splits but what sense do they make with this gross miscalculation?
source
Why won't you work properly??
A lot of people were out in the park and I felt relatively safe. There was one serious creepshow that was wearing black dress pants with a grey sweatshirt and black running sneakers. He kept turning around like I was after him, and I kept thinking that he was probably up to devious things and was trying to disguise himself as a runner to prey upon innocent athletes. I made sure to make eye contact with each person I passed so that they would remember me in case I went missing. Another safety tip is to wear a piece of memorable gear so that runners and cyclists will be able to describe you if something were to happen. I like bright and fun patterned tops and shorts. In the summer I wear bright sunglasses and keep them on my head after dark.

I probably should have ditched my headphones but I have been listening to the Skrillex Pandora station lately  and needed dance party flashbacks to keep me moving. Does this happen to anyone else? I'll be listening to music and a song will come on and suddenly I'm pulling a Johnny Smith from The Dead Zone and vividly reliving some random morning with all that that entails.

source
I actually really liked this show. The book was good, but it made me sad
after seeing how the show's story line played out.
I thought I saw Cookie in the park but the man with her didn't look like her dog walker, and then I realized that this pup had patches over each of her eyes. I miss that dog. I guess it's about time to announce that the 34 year-old and I have parted ways. It's been a few weeks and I am not particularly broken up about it. I've been spending some time with my backgammon partner.

Last night I was over at his place doing work. Yes. I was working at like 1 AM and he was taking notes on a book. Don't let anyone tell you I'm not a good influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...