Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Running is Supposed to Feel Good?

I haven't felt as good as I did running this morning in months. My legs felt light and my left arch only bothered me a little at the beginning. My alarm went off at 5 but I texted T to push back our meeting time to 6. My apartment was just too cold to get dressed so I closed the windows at hopped back in bed until it warmed up a bit. After that I was raring to go. Maybe fresh contacts helped.

T and I ran the 6 mile loop clockwise. I felt pretty damn good all throughout the Harlem hills, but I soared from 72nd and 5th back to my apartment. I listened to the Dion Pandora station on the miles to and from the park. I need to remember that music can set the tone of a run (look at the pun!) even when I don't listen the whole time.

The only thing wrong with today's run was my struggle with my Garmin. At first I couldn't find the satellites so I said eff it and took off anyway. Then I forgot to restart it after I paused it to adjust my pants. I lost at least a mile. I also manage to hit lap multiple times a run even though I set it to auto lap. Major fail. There's nothing wrong with the Garmin. I'm just inept.

It's not like I haven't done this run multiple times. It should've totaled around 8 miles. I just wish I had an accurate time for my splits.

I am so mad at myself for not restarting my Garmin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...