Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

#QUADZILLA

I love Saturday WODs at CFID because we do partner WODs. Today I teamed up with Tracy and we kicked ass if you ask me.


My wonderful friend Brittany sent me a wonderful present - a tank top that says #QUADZILLA from Stupid Easy Paleo. It was a big hit at the box today. We did a variation of the hero WOD Nukes and it took quadzilla quads to power through it. I always try to give my best at CrossFit, but I feel that I must give my all during a hero WOD.

CrossFit
U.S. Marine Corps Capt. Matthew "Nukes" Manoukian, 29, of Los Altos Hills, Calif., assigned to the 1st Marine Special Operations Battalion, based in Camp Pendleton, Calif., died Aug. 10, 2012, in Sangin District, Afghanistan, after being shot by an Afghan policeman. He is survived by his parents, Socrates Peter and Patricia Manoukian, and his brothers, Mike and Marty Manoukian.


Team Nukes
Teams of 2:
8min Clock
1 mile run (switch every 400m)
Remaining time Max Burpees to Plate
10min Clock
1 mile run (switch every 400m)
Remaining time Max Ground to Overhead with Plate (45, 25#)
12min Clock
1 mile run (switch every 400m)
Remaining time Max Overhead Lunge with Plate (45, 25#)

Tracy and I dominated those runs and gave ourselves a lot of time to get our movements in. As a mixed pair, we had the benefit of using two plates because he used a 45# and I had a 25#. We definitely saved time because we didn't have to pass off the plate when alternating turns.



1 comment:

  1. We are looking for people to Join the 15th Annual Team Spirit Long Beach 5k and 10K marathon and help put an end to breast and ovarian cancer today!. You can help distribute brochures and yard signs to local stores, offices, and restaurants! Are you a people person? We have many community events where Team Spirit needs a presence. Volunteer to work a table at one of these events to hand out brochures and spread information about Team Spirit, and recruit participants! Already attending the marathon? Then help volunteer the day of the event. We need groups to assist with set up, participant check-in, new registrations, and drive or co-pilot shuttle vans. We will also need people to man water stations, and course monitors to assure participants’ safety and morale.

    ReplyDelete

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...