Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Importance of Keeping a Food Log

It's no secret that I have put on some weight in the past year. Long story short, I stopped being accountable for what I ate. I was accountable when I kept track of what I ate. I should've stuck with the food log.

I'm back at it and I have already cut down my calorie intake significantly without starving myself. It's amazing how seeing what you've eaten affects your appetite. I know I shouldn't be hungry if I ate a 600 calorie dinner, and I am able to tell myself that I am full. It's easy to overeat thousands of calories each week if you're not aware of what you're consuming.

I use Tap&Track on my iPhone. The newest version is the most convenient iPhone food tracking app I have ever seen, and I highly recommend it. I'm a little creeped out by the new Social function (I mean I guess I could start tweeting my meals?) but I'm impressed by the new and improved food database.

However you choose to do it, you need to keep a record of what you are eating. You will get results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...