Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

So I Think I Can Dance

It's taken me a few years, but I think I have finally developed some rhythm. Today Yves taught a 90 minute Dance Fusion class at Fusion Fitness in Great Neck. Dance Fusion has minimal choreography so its not overwhelming for us non-dancers, but it's still an intense workout. Yves breaks down the movements of each dance, providing ample time to practice each step. I am always amazed by the playlist - how does the same dance performed at different speeds fit so many different songs? How does Yves manage to do this for three different dances each time class? Is it a secret talent? Is there an app for that?

Somehow all the classes I have taken came together today and I managed to actually dance. I adopted my Dance Persona from the very beginning, and successfully executed moves I normally stumble my way through. Perhaps my dream of being a backup dancer in a rap video is closer to coming true than I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...