Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Racing Athena

Most people can't believe this when I tell them, but I am 145 lbs. Actually, the scale said I was 145.6 lbs this morning. Or as my mother said the other day, and I quote, "How do you run so much, and so fast, and...?" My weight qualifies me to race as an Athena, which is a euphemism for heavier woman. I haven't signed up as an Athena in the past because I tend to place in Long Island races as a "regular runner," but I have my eye on this week's Runner's Edge 5K Women's Run. If I come in first place as an Athena, I win $100. Now $100 isn't that much, but it is a new pair of running shoes, so it makes me question if it's worth it. I'm pretty positive I can win my age group regardless, but winning money would be pretty awesome. Athena, the Greek goddess of war, is also the goddess of strategy. Signing up under a different class might be a strategic, and profitable, move.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...