Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
My excessive energy, extreme narcissism, and intense love of neon-colored spandex is both managed and fueled by my addiction to fitness. I push myself to extremes and I push other people's buttons. Obviously I needed my own blog.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

C9 by Champion for Target Flywheel Event

A few weeks ago, Katie from the marketing and public relations firm Missy Farren and Associates, Ltd., contacted me about attending a C9 by Champion for Target event at Flywheel. My post about C9 by Champion for Target shorts had set off a Google alert and she found In Shape Out of Mind and my obsession with all things C9 (except for that one pair of pants.)

the invitation
This event was free to attend (Flywheel spin classes are normally $30) and we all received free C9 by Champion for Target apparel. As my sister says, "What's better than ice cream? FREE ice cream!" I immediately rearranged my work schedule to make sure I could attend the 2 - 4 PM event.

I snuck out left the office and headed over to Flywheel Sports Flatiron. I met Katie at the door and she handed me a big white shopping bag filled with C9 by Champion for Target gear. I felt like it was my birthday. No really. Most of my birthday gifts were C9 by Champion for Target items.


I went to get changed into my new workout gear. I chose a pair of black capri pants and the Cosmo Pink cardio tank with inner bra. I never wear pants to spin class but I have to admit that these worked out pretty well. I didn't feel trapped or overly sweaty. I am a huge fan of C9's cardio tank with inner bra. I wore my blue one during the 18 Mile Tune-Up.



The Flywheel class was a lot of fun. I've never been there before, but the space was really clean and the staff was really helpful. We spent most of the forty-five minutes spinning, but we did a short arm workout with these bars that are stashed on the sides of the bike. The arm workout was ridiculously hard (maybe because I was already tired?) and you're supposed to continue spinning while you do it. I'm not going to quit Equinox to start going, but I enjoyed incorporating arms into my cardio. Flywheel has these flatscreens called the Torq Board and everyone's bike appears on it. It's supposed to help generate friendly competition. For the record, I won.


A lot of cool bloggers attended including Fit Chick in the City and Bari Lieberman, Editor of Vital Juice New York. One, I was a little starstruck (I spend my lunch break reading Fit Chick in the City and I am obsessed with my Vital Juice e-mails) and two, I felt like a small fish in a big pond. In Shape Out of Mind started as a venue for me to tell my workout stories because no one I knew in real life wanted to listen (and yet many of them seem to read...) and these other bloggers manage to get paid to write. No worries. I was psyched to be there anyway.

Group shot post-workout.
C9 by Champion for Target sent along some messaging they would like to share with you:

Whether it’s the perfect gift for fitness enthusiasts this holiday season or making New Year’s resolutions more affordable, C9 by Champion offers quality activewear for men, women and kids – with every item priced less than $50. C9 by Champion, Target’s exclusive fitness and apparel line, offers options that work for a variety of training needs including basketball shorts, seamless sports bras, Power-Core compression shirts and premium yoga pants. The line’s on-trend colors and bright patterns make getting dressed for a workout fun. In addition to the stylish pieces, C9 by Champion incorporates technical features similar to those found in the high-end fitness brands, such as moisture wicking, ventilation, antimicrobial, and Duo-Dry™ technology, but without the high-end price tag.

C9 by Champion for Target invited me to a free spinning class at Flywheel and gave me some supersweet workout gear. They did not require that I write favorable things about the event or their gear. They didn't even require me to write about it. I love C9 by Champion for Target and I recommend it to my readers, my friends, and strangers I meet in the street. Stay tuned for posts reviewing the individual pieces I received. For a preview, take a look at the photos (from Target) below.

I got this awesome shirt in white.


C9 by Champion for Target gave me a red one of these pull-overs.

We all know how much I love these shorts.
If someone wants to buy me this pair for Christmas, I would be very happy.

Champion makes printed and two-tone pairs

I was very fortunate to receive this jacket in pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertain me and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...